Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The dinner

Ok, the dinner itself deserves its own posting.
So, Chris and I arrive, Chris almost passing out when he realizes how nice the restaurant is, to find Cara Gibson seated with glasses of wine. While I was looking forward to a lovely dinner with three of my favorite people who happened to be on Costa Rican soil, I was also trying to gear myself up for a long evening of translation. Silly me! Totally unncessary.
Conversation ranged from pets (I learned that Chris has a dog and two bunnies as well as the family cat) to politics. My favorite example of cross-cultural communication is when Cara started explaining about Jeter and Monty. She rocked the imaginary Jeter back and forth in her arms, cooing, and saying the words "mi bebe." This perhaps could have been slightly confusing, but thankfully, Gibson jumped in to clarify by putting his head in his hands and sighing. Cara then asked me to translate...
but really, Chris understood it all.
So, it was very sad to see Cara and Gibson go, but I think that their whirlwind Costa Rica tour was a success. And they've promised to come back in the future (After all, Yadira's invited them for dinner, whether I'm in the country or not!)
For now, it's back to work, with no excuses, because next week Kerry comes to visit!

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! We made the Blog! We promise to send photos soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home